Feathers and fur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, my name is (var1:yourname) and I am addicted to very young fuzzy butts.

+5
Peacerose
RoosterLew
Fat Daddy
Smith Mills Farm
ChrisW
9 posters

Go down

Hi, my name is (var1:yourname) and I am addicted to very young fuzzy butts. Empty Hi, my name is (var1:yourname) and I am addicted to very young fuzzy butts.

Post  ChrisW Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:36 pm

Howdy everyone!

First, thanks so much Peacerose, first for the African Harlequin and second because when I googled your name hoping to find perhaps another site you might belong too, and I found this site! Its been tearing me up the site being for many many reasons but mostly I haven't thanked you enough for the AHQ!

I've been actually loading up cached copies of the old forum and reading old posts since it went down. It is amazing how used to the massive group intelligence that spoiled me so quick!

Anyways, good to see some of you again and also some new names!

ChrisW

Back to top Go down

Hi, my name is (var1:yourname) and I am addicted to very young fuzzy butts. Empty Re: Hi, my name is (var1:yourname) and I am addicted to very young fuzzy butts.

Post  Smith Mills Farm Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:58 pm

If you still have the old site in cache get all of Al's cornish pictures and post them here. There should be close to 100 of them. Check all of the threads from evaluating talent to conditioning pens.
Smith Mills Farm
Smith Mills Farm

Back to top Go down

Hi, my name is (var1:yourname) and I am addicted to very young fuzzy butts. Empty Re: Hi, my name is (var1:yourname) and I am addicted to very young fuzzy butts.

Post  Fat Daddy Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Welcome to the new site Chris... Glad you found your way here.
Fat Daddy
Fat Daddy

Back to top Go down

Post  RoosterLew Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:51 pm

HI CHris
RoosterLew
RoosterLew

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisW Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:57 pm

Unluckily Google cache doesn't save the pictures, just text... But I think there are other caches too... I'll look around. Humm, thinking about it the pics should still be out there since it was just links to them stored on the site?

Ya search- cornish site:flock-u.org then pull down the arrow and select cached page

ChrisW

Back to top Go down

Post  Peacerose Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:56 am

cheers  You found us!!!! I'm happy! How are your birds? Got any projects going?
Peacerose
Peacerose

Back to top Go down

Post  mmocatman10 Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:06 am

Hi Chris sorry I didn't welcome you yesterday Every one knows I am a day late and a dollar short But Iam shure clad to see you. 3happy 
mmocatman10
mmocatman10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:06 am

Welcome Chris.....I missed your post! So sorry!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:11 pm

Welcome Chris ,
I think we are all addicted to Sumting .
 thumbsup 

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisW Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:00 am

Projects, gosh, isn't all birds projects?

Working on getting a few mountain quail breeding pairs for my grandad-in-law.... The first problem was they hatched on day 44-48. Turns out he adjusted the incubator over the years with no manual til it had 80% humidity and the temp went from 99.5 at the top where it is measured to 75-83 in the hatching tray. What totally shocked me is we actually had most hatch! So, teaching an old dog new tricks is exausting, and mountain egg are the wrong eggs to be experimenting with!

I am thinking of breese a lot lately... Wondering how its going with others breese projects!

ChrisW

Back to top Go down

Post  mmocatman10 Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:18 am

Chris Do I rember correct Didn't you get some Hungarian partridge If you did how are they doing and how do you like them.I am trying to build a few just to look at.
mmocatman10
mmocatman10

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisW Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:06 am

Well.... While the quail still had 50-80% hatches at 80°F the hungarian partridges, albino chukars, and other projects didn't domso well. I'm thinking a bobwhite will hatch in a boiling pot but most other birds need at least 95°-105° :-)

It really sucked in some ways but it brought a lot of joy to a crazy old coot so the death of a few birds is nothing to a smile on a 85 year old face!

I keep telling myself "vacation in 23 days" so I dont replace them (yet!)

ChrisW

Back to top Go down

Post  mmocatman10 Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:06 pm

Chriss My Hungarians are hatching today I bought 24 Eggs So far I have 9 hatched Not bad for shipped eggs Now my friend sends Bill( FD) eggs that he gets 90% hatch out of them My friend dosent do that for me . lol! lol! 
mmocatman10
mmocatman10

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisW Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:28 pm

mmocatman10 wrote:Chriss My Hungarians are hatching today I bought 24 Eggs So far I have 9 hatched Not bad for shipped eggs Now my friend sends Bill( FD) eggs that he gets 90% hatch out of them My friend dosent do that for me . lol! lol! 

Last couple new world quail shipped egg hatch rate (in MY incubator) have been 100%+ now turkey, partridge, etc everything over 50% is good. Peace rose has been kind enough to send 50-100. AHQ eggs with my hatch rate being 15-20%

So much depends on the breed, the postmen and women, even the USPS shipping centers any shipped egg that hatches is lucky.

Like hatching 43 Mexican specled set at the same time as the AHQ and packaged much much worse gets 42 hatched but less than 10% of the well packed AHQ arrived and set on the same day hatch...

Ordered a dozen white-leghorn last week and 12 where broken, 1 (the extra one) survived and I see blood lines in the egg ! Its nothing but a gamble shipping eggs. :-)

ChrisW

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:50 pm

ChrisW wrote:
mmocatman10 wrote:Chriss My Hungarians are hatching today I bought 24 Eggs So far I have 9 hatched Not bad for shipped eggs Now my friend sends Bill( FD) eggs that he gets 90% hatch out of them My friend dosent do that for me . lol! lol! 

Last couple new world quail shipped egg hatch rate (in MY incubator) have been 100%+   now turkey, partridge, etc everything over 50% is good. Peace rose has been kind enough to send 50-100. AHQ eggs with my hatch rate being 15-20%

So much depends on the breed, the postmen and women, even the USPS shipping centers any shipped egg that hatches is  lucky.

Like hatching 43 Mexican specled set at the same time as the AHQ and packaged much much worse gets 42 hatched but less than 10% of the well packed AHQ arrived and set on the same day hatch...

Ordered a dozen white-leghorn last week and 12 where broken, 1 (the extra one) survived and I see blood lines in the egg !  Its nothing but a gamble shipping eggs.  :-)
 thumbsup 

Back to top Go down

Post  mochicken Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:25 pm

Welcome aboard
mochicken
mochicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoney Creek Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:29 pm

Welcome aboard
Stoney Creek
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Lathe1981 Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Hello my name is Lathe. I was introduced to this forum by peacerose. I am currently raising coturnix and gg bob whites. With butlers and snowflakes in the homebator I made last month.

Lathe1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Peacerose Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:24 pm

Hi, Lathe -- glad you found your way here!

Lathe is hatching and building bators like a madman. No, not really -- more like a hatchaholic. So he is one of us. What a Face

Peacerose
Peacerose

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Daddy Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Lathe1981 wrote:Hello my name is Lathe. I was introduced to this forum by peacerose. I am currently raising coturnix and gg bob whites. With butlers and snowflakes in the homebator I made last month.

Welcome Lathe Glad to have ya here! Post up anywhere you want to put your two cents in.... Most of us hatch too many eggs of too many breeds. So sounds like you are among friends! joke, Bullshit, cook'n ect..... there is a thread for most!
Fat Daddy
Fat Daddy

Back to top Go down

Post  mmocatman10 Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:22 am

Welcome I am the old man Bill I don't know any thing but these nice people allow me to hang out here and read there posts for my enjoyment and there knowledge.So please post away so that I have enjoyment in my old age.
mmocatman10
mmocatman10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down