Feathers and fur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grow your own

3 posters

Go down

Grow your own Empty Grow your own

Post  Smith Mills Farm Tue May 27, 2014 9:57 pm

I've been processing my birds for many years now ( got real good meat birds now) and growing many fruits and vegetables organically for close to 2 decades now.
Smith Mills Farm
Smith Mills Farm

Back to top Go down

Grow your own Empty Re: Grow your own

Post  Admin Tue May 27, 2014 10:02 pm

I hope to be at that level in the next couple years, I garden and eat some of my own chickens but now I am working on a good line of Cornish meat birds

Admin
Admin

https://midwestf2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:16 pm

You both have the same goal as me
I have a organic garden my yard is not enough to do it all but i also have the Citrus and bananas
i started my own apple trees from Old heirloom apples that are well probably bird planted to begin with since there isnt a house near the orchard for 40 miles we have to hike or horseback in to it.

im getting away from grafted anything looking for pawpaws seeds or trees also more land so far everything is in pots as far as my orchard.

its not easy some think im being cheesy but when i talk to them about Gmos or pesticides and other issues their eyes gloss over

ive been saving seeds for a few yrs 30 i like to work on what i grow the fertilizer i use is manure from my rabbits and organic cows and of course the Quail , my new neighbors are Bitching about the flys from the compost any suggestions ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoney Creek Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:53 pm

Get new neighbors?

When you talk all natural, heirloom, non-GMO, grow your own fruits and veggies as well as meat birds and rabbits...you're talking my language.  cheers 

We have several gardens, small apple orchard, sand plumb thicket, black berries...just planted 3 plumb trees and have 9 peach trees ready to go in the ground. Of course, pheasants, quail, chicken and rabbits are always on the menu. Also like to hunt...a lot! Not so lucky this year, but normally have the freezer full of wild water fowl, deer and the occasional wild hog.
Stoney Creek
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum