Feathers and fur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick from Valley Falls

+2
Stoney Creek
kanzabirdman
6 posters

Go down

Nick from Valley Falls Empty Nick from Valley Falls

Post  kanzabirdman Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi y'all.

I'm Nick from Valley Falls. I have raised birds for just over a decade now I started young. I currently just have turkey's Pigeons geese ducks & extra roos with 100 started chicks mostly meat birds with a few pullets.

I am looking to breed & dabble in more exotic birds & animals. We just recently bought the old animal clinic in valley so I have a fair amount of acreage.
I aslo put on a swap meet at the house right off K-4 hwy. It is every second Saturday of the month. We are having one this Saturday & expect a good turn out.

Thanks for inviting me to the forum Darren! I'll try to stay active if you can keep me off facebook & craigslist
Nick

kanzabirdman

Back to top Go down

Nick from Valley Falls Empty Re: Nick from Valley Falls

Post  Stoney Creek Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Welcome! Glad to have you! You'll have to tell us more about the swap meet you put on...You've got my interest and full attention Very Happy
Stoney Creek
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  SlipperyHillFarm Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Nick,
I am sure once you meet everyone here you will be more then active. Especially when we get our egg swap a going!
SlipperyHillFarm
SlipperyHillFarm

http://quackhead1975.wix.com/slipperyhillfarm

Back to top Go down

Post  kanzabirdman Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:38 pm

We have a swap meet every second saturday of the month. Any live animals farm or ag related items are welcome. Baked goods or DIY crafts for the wives too!

kanzabirdman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoney Creek Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:47 pm

kanzabirdman wrote:We have a swap meet every second saturday of the month. Any live animals farm or ag related items are welcome. Baked goods or DIY crafts for the wives too!

What time does it start? Do you rent ground space for set-ups/booths? What time do you allow set-ups to start? How many vendors do you usually have? What type of numbers of customers are an average? Restroom facilities? Concession stand?

Details man! LOL! Pics are good too!

You can ask Daren or some of the others, I'm not afraid to drive, but like to know some basics before hand...it takes me about 5.5 hours to get up to Darin's place...bet some of the other folks here might get pretty interested too! Sure beat waiting until the Sept sale at Gardner to sell a few birds and meet up
Stoney Creek
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoney Creek Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Here is a pic of one of my set-ups at a swap last year that was held in county show barn...definitely like to go and participate in them... Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Stoney Creek
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  SlipperyHillFarm Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm

Stoney Creek wrote:
kanzabirdman wrote:We have a swap meet every second saturday of the month. Any live animals farm or ag related items are welcome. Baked goods or DIY crafts for the wives too!

What time does it start? Do you rent ground space for set-ups/booths? What time do you allow set-ups to start? How many vendors do you usually have? What type of numbers of customers are an average? Restroom facilities? Concession stand?

Details man! LOL! Pics are good too!

You can ask Daren or some of the others, I'm not afraid to drive, but like to know some basics before hand...it takes me about 5.5 hours to get up to Darin's place...bet some of the other folks here might get pretty interested too! Sure beat waiting until the Sept sale at Gardner to sell a few birds and meet up

Nick ,
Ole Stoney is a valuable asset too the birding world. He has birdies that make yer jaw drop. And he isn't afraid too drive. He is NPIP certified and a licensed game bird breeder.
SlipperyHillFarm
SlipperyHillFarm

Back to top Go down

Post  SlipperyHillFarm Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:55 pm

Damn it I need some pickeled quaily eggs.
SlipperyHillFarm
SlipperyHillFarm

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoney Creek Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:00 pm

Thanks Daren!

Pickled eggs normally come more towards summer and summer months, when it's too hot to fool with brooders and chicks and too many eggs to just throw away...right now I'm collecting everything to try out that new 'bator, lol.
Stoney Creek
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  kanzabirdman Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:07 pm

Lol Sorry I stay pretty busy in the day so not much time for much talking!! I'll improve on it. Instead of retyping it all check out my craig's ad.
Craigslist: SWAP MEET IN VALLEY FALLS search for that in Topeka...I can't post links yet!

Concessions Restrooms $10 set up fee no limit to space! Can set up before 8 am I'm up & around by 6! All is welcome ! Few of the local bird traders are complaining already about booth fee I told them there is a rhyme to my reason. QUALITY VS QUANTITY!!

kanzabirdman

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Daddy Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:21 pm

Welcome Nick, hope to see ya this weekend. Bill
Fat Daddy
Fat Daddy

Back to top Go down

Post  kanzabirdman Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks Bill! Hope to get to meet all of you. Show up early for the good deals!Buy/Sell/Trade! One guy from Onaga, Dustin is doing a great job of CO-advertising for me & is going to bring in a good crowd of folks. Has about 500+ chicks to sell. I'm getting excited!Cant wait to see all the stuff that shows up! Wish I had more spending money tho! Lol

kanzabirdman

Back to top Go down

Post  kanzabirdman Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks Bill! Hope to get to meet all of you. Show up early for the good deals!Buy/Sell/Trade! One guy from Onaga, Dustin is doing a great job of CO-advertising for me & is going to bring in a good crowd of folks. Has about 500+ chicks to sell. I'm getting excited!Cant wait to see all the stuff that shows up! Wish I had more spending money tho! Lol

kanzabirdman

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Daddy Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:08 pm

kanzabirdman wrote:Thanks Bill! Hope to get to meet all of you. Show up early for the good deals!Buy/Sell/Trade! One guy from Onaga, Dustin is doing a great job of CO-advertising for me & is going to bring in a good crowd of folks. Has about 500+ chicks to sell. I'm getting excited!Cant wait to see all the stuff that shows up! Wish I had more spending money tho! Lol

I sold some chukar to a guy named Dustin from Onaga early last fall. Sounds like it may be the same guy...
Fat Daddy
Fat Daddy

Back to top Go down

Post  mochicken Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:12 pm

Welcome aboard glad to have ya
mochicken
mochicken

Back to top Go down

Post  brandkelz Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Glad to have ya here. Would love to make it, but wife has us scheduled in Fillmore MO this weekend for a swap meet. We raise meat rabbits and with the help of enabl-I mean friends here, have begun to dabble in quail old and new world. Mother in law has chickens and the kids like to try and hatch a bator full of chicks for her every spring.... Very Happy
brandkelz
brandkelz

Back to top Go down

Post  mochicken Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:59 am

Wish I had the weekend off Sad after missing Saturday and Monday last weekend from pneumonia I can't miss any more days
mochicken
mochicken

Back to top Go down

Post  kanzabirdman Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:53 am

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome!Its much appreciated.

kanzabirdman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum