Feathers and fur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Many of you Make your own tools ?

5 posters

Go down

How Many of you Make your own tools ?  Empty How Many of you Make your own tools ?

Post  Guest Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Me Well NO but mark Yes he wanted to make me something special just because

well first he made himself a forge using a can and some putty then the bigger one out of a old Fireplace

and a old leaf blower LOL oh yeah gets hot

then he got himself some old files from my tool collection things ive used and still use

he asked me about each one . My great uncle Ernie Dalton gave me one that was chipped at the ens and always cut my hand thats the one mark chose , then an old bronze bushing that was on a tool i used with my Uncle Ap Dalton. a Brass wire from our Old electrical circut board that caught on fire and a piece of wood i had as a kid for my walking stick all going bad all usless but somedays id look at them and remember the fun with dad and uncles . well here it is all of it Back in use OH the dad part .... The belt he spanked me with when i was little LMAO

How Many of you Make your own tools ?  My_new11

How Many of you Make your own tools ?  Dscf1210

Back to top Go down

How Many of you Make your own tools ?  Empty Re: How Many of you Make your own tools ?

Post  mochicken Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:13 pm

That's a beautiful knife
mochicken
mochicken

Back to top Go down

How Many of you Make your own tools ?  Empty Re: How Many of you Make your own tools ?

Post  Guest Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:23 pm

TY thats the first one he has ever made and it came about when i lost my mushroom hunting knife due to ground Bees
friends of ours raise deer in texas and send him some horns so he can do horn handles

he is so talented if i had 1 iota on how to do the stuff mark does id be rich

he can draw write play any insturment carve just crazy he cant dance though and im a dancer LOL

but its amazing here is a couple of his Carvings

each took him a day to do and he made his own tools for that too After my knife

we where very broke trying everything to get buy had 3 major bombs hit us and still fought threw them

just getting back on our feet again . and Robby saved us when i was ready to just give up. out of the blue he did the kindest thing was my miracle i needed just someone to say Hey your worth something . after i got shot no one seems to think im worth hireing i still can do everything maybe not as good as before but i am still human ,

Mark lost his job and we almost lost the house taxes its fully paid for but the taxes got us i get about 500 a month dad died we paid his funeral mom heart attack we paid her bills and so one and so forth now we only have us ,
How Many of you Make your own tools ?  Dscf1110
How Many of you Make your own tools ?  Dscf1111
How Many of you Make your own tools ?  Dscf1112

the woolverine is not Finished yet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoney Creek Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:35 pm

Wow!
Stoney Creek
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  mochicken Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:51 pm

An artist for sure, very cool
mochicken
mochicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Daddy Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:31 am

Thats awesome! I love the center one with the big nose and beard! somebody has talent...
Fat Daddy
Fat Daddy

Back to top Go down

Post  mmocatman10 Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:50 am

I just saw this post Man this is nice .You mentioned that you are a Dalton My former wife was a Dalton And a outlaw just like the rest.
mmocatman10
mmocatman10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:13 am

I am actually related to the Dalton Gang Not all are

but thats ok Bill I dont blaime you who was your Former wife ?
My Exhusband was old so I dont blaime you for that and he and i are still friends
No we didnt take each other to the cleaners we split apart . I think true love is gone with the wind it may be real for one person but the others scammen

My ex and i where a team partners and worked our butts off

and no it was not perfect you have to work for that

Mark said Thanks . I was looking for a picture he threw in the trash . i pulled out and gave to my youngest niece.
i took a photo of it and Pixar and Disney wanted him .

Back to top Go down

Post  mmocatman10 Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:07 am

Tammy my former wife's mother was a grand daughter of Emit Dalton.
mmocatman10
mmocatman10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:35 pm

Then she would be related

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:15 pm

WOW! Those are great Tammy! I love art myself and he is really good........get him busy and sell them.....lots of people love that sort of thing......you'll have to tell the story of the knife.......it's pretty too!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:17 pm

TY SIS i already told it .
every part in that knife has some memories for me

I was out mushroom picken and went after a Matsitakki or Pine to some people my knife also seen a nice Chantrell so i went after the Chantrell and got Zapped about 5 times in 2 seconds GROUND bees are mean little devils i got away and dont want to go after their suvineer MY knife 60 bucks at the store , the knife mark made me means more to me though lots of love went into it

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Mr Bill MMO Old man Bill or what ever

I do not know all of my Dalton Family
Many are legit and Many where one night stands with hot Whores

I hope you dont hold this against me those boys got around and around they did .
My Cousin Nettie was your way about your age so was my Great great great Aunt Rose
both long gone met them once and i remember the smell of old homes

So I can either congradulate you on a well Picked wife Or Getting rid of a Nasty one

Back to top Go down

Post  mmocatman10 Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:27 am

The storys I could tell you about that women.and That family( there not all bad) But I wont I will take them to my grave.
mmocatman10
mmocatman10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:32 am

Too bad

Did you ever get to meet rose and Nettie ?
Nettie wore a huge flower always in her hair she was fun My mom told me many great and sad and bad stories

I know a few family members but i cant say i know them all

steve kay arbutus sherlie will david and Tuck

Ap and Earnie Dorothy tom Anna hazel lena list goes on but those are the ones your age well ap , earnie and lena all died in their 100+

now you know i know about moonshine so LOL stories are fun someday maybe you can tell me one of your fondest . like i said i dont know all of them so i dont judge anyone i have a couple of uncles and aunts that no one claims because they are not blood but they have never done me wrong and loved me from the beginning all they did was divorce someone on the dalton side so ?

Back to top Go down

Post  RoosterLew Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:48 am

Howdy Daltons!
I was Born & raised...still living in Coffeyville
RoosterLew
RoosterLew

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Howdy Rooster Lew

I just love the history both sides kinda cool yet still not in many ways
My dads side is fun too

Enjoy im off to a busy day

Back to top Go down

Post  RoosterLew Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:16 pm

I imagine your family is not real big fans of Coffeyville? Lol !
RoosterLew
RoosterLew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:21 pm

Actually The old thing goes " live by the gun , Die by the gun"
Truth be known i think they got what they deserved, those boys killed many in their paths they where not soldiers they where thieves

they stold hard earned money robbed trains , banks and scared the hell out of people .

Lets face it they where not like the Robin hood of story books.

many of my family bragg it up. well i go deeper and think about how many children lost their fathers , families they ruined and homes they destroyed

Its just part of my and your History ,

Was the Night stalker a hero ? No so why should the dalton gang be ?

Now there is also another side to the Daltons that is Very Cool. but that you dont read about ,

I mentioned once fishing with a great uncle and dupont lures LOL

Back to top Go down

Post  RoosterLew Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:28 pm

It's fun though, there is a town in Texas that celebrates "Dalton Days" ... The anniversary of the day the Dalton's Robbed their town.
Coffeyville Celebrates Dalton Defenders day...the day our town stood up and stopped the notorious Gang.
RoosterLew
RoosterLew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:39 pm

I go to Kansas City Alot Infact the daltons lived there for a very long time before going crooked
but here is part you don't read much on this is the cool part
so what makes boys go bad ?

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-dalton.html

Legends I don't get why they are so popular they murdered people for Money

Younger s are Cousins and i am also related to Jessie

But thousands of Americans are so ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:00 pm

RoosterLew wrote:It's fun though, there is a town in Texas that celebrates "Dalton Days" ... The anniversary of the day the Dalton's Robbed their town.
Coffeyville Celebrates Dalton Defenders day...the day our town stood up and stopped the notorious Gang.

Yeah i bet that was amazing to see . People scared shitless not really knowing how to shoot going up against crooks Bullets bouncing every where lucky shot who shot who ........... What a site i bet that was 4 people protecting their town against a group of crooks where Murdered . Why Not Celebrate them for having Guts to try .,

Something had to put that town on the map besides the Bording house women , I Know the boys went there for lust sometimes getting 6 or 7 Gals a night , Has your family always lived there ? You maybe related too

Thanks to Towns like yours The Daltons have Made Millions , I should be thanking coffeeville for my Education. So do thank them and thank you . if it wasnt for the " bragging rights " if you want to call it that these murderers would of never been famous and they would be just another out law. the daltons have made Quit a lot of money in the millions a Yr over the gang and it still continues today . But that doesnt change the fact they where those boys Murderers . My great great great aunt Rose was a Saint she was wonderful and would tell the truth ,
My mom would tell me to go play in the street Id tell Her to Go Play a robber at coffee ville, So Fond of a city that made my family rich no id respect your town more if they had more about the 4 men that where murdered then the outlaws that came to Town. Many women where turned into prostitutes by the killiings of their husbands by the dalton Gang, you do realize that dont you ? Did anyone say Hey these women made the west ? No did they bragg up the 4 that gave their lives to help their town ? No . they took it all and put it back into the Dalton hands and made the family Rich.

Last edited by Tammy N on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)

Back to top Go down

Post  RoosterLew Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:36 am

Ohh and I do make tools, lots of them, LOL...
But Im a machinist/CNC machine programmer/Machine Shop Foreman/tooling engineer/ all around Machine Shop Dude for a CNC Machine tool Manufacturer...
So I have tens of thousands of dollars worth of software and millions of dollars worth of software I use to design and build tools and tooling of all types....not really the "craftsman" type thing like that knife!
We have piles of "scrap" steel that we all use for small "Govt" projects, and I do make some pretty neat stuff from time to time, but again not nearly as crafty as that.
I did just notice a broom in one of the trash cans with a good handle, and I have been needing a new Garden Hoe....LOL

RoosterLew
RoosterLew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:08 pm

Thats Awesome Rooster SHow us some Pics of your stuff ,
I like the home made stuff the best lots of love goes into it and this is for home made things .

I could show a few of marks guitars he made or even the Cigar Box Banjo's Dexter makes but that is for another fun day

Mark just likes to stay busy when he isnt working

I have No tallent in these things unless ya call the finnishing touch tallent LOL .

I used to build houses so

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum