Feathers and fur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Eye doctor visit...

2 posters

Go down

My Eye doctor visit... Empty My Eye doctor visit...

Post  Stoney Creek Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:52 pm

"So what the heck does that have to do with The Natural Life?" Great question! I put this on my fb wall...but read through until the end and see why I put it here Wink

Stoney Creek Heritage Farm

This will probably be one of the most odd post I'll ever write, typically not into life testimonies...but here it goes..

I just got back from the eye doctor this morning, typing this with my nose next to the screen because of dilated eyes...

So anyway, my glasses have been causing me issues and went in to get checked out. Of course in the beginning the doc asks me the issues and immediately starts talking bi-focals....shoot, "too young for those", I say! Well, she suggest we wait until she is done looking before "we jump to conclusions". She takes my glasses to a machine, checks the prescription and sets up her machine to start the exam. "1 or 2, 3 or 4?" and the testing continues...sure you've all been there. Then she gets another doc to come in without telling me why...getting nervous at this point. That doc goes through the same routine, then they "decide" to finish the exam, pressure tests, dilating pupils to exam the veins in the back of the eyes, etc. and set me in another waiting room.

When they call me back they both concur that my current prescription is in fact wrong...well, could have told them that...but it seems my eyes are actually getting better! No bi-focals, not as much correction is required for the new lenses! Outstanding!...and then the interrogation...

Doc #1 "Mr Stoney...at your age we would expect your eyes to change and require a stronger prescription, that is why I ask for my colleague to come in and verify my results."

Doc#2 "Although not uncommon for eyes to change in young people, at your age it is unexpected..."

Doc#1 "What we're trying to figure out is why. Have you had any head injuries or diet change?"

Me "Had a significant head injury in the past...but a significant diet change in this past year. Very minimal store bought meats, own veggies from the gardens, limited snack foods, rarely eat out."

Both doc's eyes opened wide and a little gasp. They indicated that staying away from all the saturated fats, salts, preservatives, GMO's (yes they said it), processed foods, etc. had a huge impact on ocular health!

So there is the testimony...I'm not a health food nut or critic...but personally trying for a more natural approach to diet has had a significant change in vision...and on top of that, with minimal activities, have actually lost 20lbs or so without trying. So there is something to eating right

So with that, I stand on my "grow your own or buy local" Know what you are putting in your mouth and your family's mouths...It does make a difference.
Stoney Creek
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

My Eye doctor visit... Empty Re: My Eye doctor visit...

Post  Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Hands clapping Bill! You are soooooooooooooo right! Go Bill go..............

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:04 pm

I shared that on FB too i hope you do not mind if you do let me know i can and will remove it

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoney Creek Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:54 am

I don't mind you sharing at all
Stoney Creek
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:00 am

Ive been preaching the GMO stuff to my family they just started Listening

My Great niece 5 yrs old came down with Vasculitis and my nieces dr told her too stay away from GMOS and processed foods

she swears i talked to him LMAO but has changed and for the better their Diets

Back to top Go down

Post  RoosterLew Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:39 am

My Eye doctor visit... Lovethispost_zps1c228ddf
RoosterLew
RoosterLew

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum