Feathers and fur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh...hi there

+4
SlipperyHillFarm
Fat Daddy
Stoney Creek
NikkiP
8 posters

Go down

Oh...hi there Empty Oh...hi there

Post  NikkiP Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:10 am

Hey there. I am Nikki, I am a goat/pig/chicken/duck/turkey/rabbit/dog/cat and even a human child(ren - I have 3 boys) raiser!
I am glad I found this forum - I think I was directed here off facebook? I cannot even remember. Anyway, I live in Jefferson County, with a Valley Falls address but I am close to Oskaloosa and Ozawkie. Look forward to continuing this journey with you all.

NikkiP
NikkiP

http://www.jandnfarm.com

Back to top Go down

Oh...hi there Empty Re: Oh...hi there

Post  Stoney Creek Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:14 am

Welcome! Glad you're here! Make your self at home. Sounds like you have a menagerie of critters and a full load. What types of goat/pig/chicken/duck/turkey/rabbit/dog/cat do you have?
Stoney Creek
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Oh...hi there Empty A wide variety and assortment ...

Post  NikkiP Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:39 am

We have Boer and Kiko cross goats for meat and LaMancha/Alpine/Saanan cross goats for milk, New Zealand rabbits, Large Black pigs, Gold Star chickens, Pekin and Muscovy ducks (nasty little guys - so messy! I cannot wait to let them back out into the garden!), I have no idea what the turkey are - they are my oldest son's little project, he has 2 hens and a tom and several eggs in the incubator. The cats are just random barn cats, and the dogs - we have a great assortment, lol. Bella is a registered lab, Molly is a Hanging tree/ blue heeler, Pete is a registered Beagle, Charlie is a mini-wiener, and Lulu (my favorite!) is a Beagle-Bulldog-Basset Hound - she is so awesome.

NikkiP
NikkiP

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoney Creek Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:40 am

Sounds like a bunch of neat critters! feel free to post pics...especially of your turkeys, bet someone here can help you figure out what type they are. For the folks already here, they have rabbits, chickens...even a few pygmy goats running around...think you're the first with pigs too!

This forum has just opened...so kinda slow right now, but hoping to pick up speed as the word gets out. Again, welcome!
Stoney Creek
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Daddy Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:53 am

NikkiP wrote:Hey there. I am Nikki, I am a goat/pig/chicken/duck/turkey/rabbit/dog/cat and even a human child(ren - I have 3 boys) raiser!
I am glad I found this forum - I think I was directed here off facebook? I cannot even remember. Anyway, I live in Jefferson County, with a Valley Falls address but I am close to Oskaloosa and Ozawkie. Look forward to continuing this journey with you all.

Hello Nikki,

Glad you made it here. Welcome, You already got quite a collection of critters! It looks like we're get'n a few members from Kansas now, Thats good! I think Daren posted a link on the Leavenworth\coop book of face....
Fat Daddy
Fat Daddy

Back to top Go down

Post  NikkiP Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:04 am

I posted the link on a few groups too...hopefully it will take off!
NikkiP
NikkiP

Back to top Go down

Post  SlipperyHillFarm Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:35 am

Hi Nikki,
I am so glad my posting over on the Lev. co Facebook has reached some folks. I and Duck20 live in OZAWKIE. Glad take have ya

Daren
SlipperyHillFarm
SlipperyHillFarm

http://quackhead1975.wix.com/slipperyhillfarm

Back to top Go down

Post  mmocatman10 Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:38 am

Hello from up the Holler in Mo.Iam just a old man but if there is any thing I can do to help you just holler.
Bill
mmocatman10
mmocatman10

Back to top Go down

Oh...hi there Empty Anouther Okie :)

Post  Betty64 Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Howdy ya'll, I'm Betty from Perkins, OK we raise a few nubian/boer/saanan mix goats for meat and milk, just started getting into Buckeye chickens and planning on a few hogs and rabbits and ducks in the near future Smile We have 4 house/barn cats all are strays and a Border Collie stray pup here on our little farm Smile Oh and we're working on doing organic container garndening since most of us here are 50+ LOL

Thank you Bill for heading me over here Very Happy

I look forward to meeting ya'll at the swaps and if I can be of help please ask Very Happy I got 2 good hands and reasonable back and a big heart Very Happy

Betty64

Back to top Go down

Post  SlipperyHillFarm Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:08 pm

Betty64 wrote:Howdy ya'll, I'm Betty from Perkins, OK we raise a few nubian/boer/saanan mix goats for meat and milk, just started getting into Buckeye chickens and planning on a few hogs and rabbits and ducks in the near future Smile We have 4 house/barn cats all are strays and a Border Collie stray pup here on our little farm Smile Oh and we're working on doing organic container garndening since most of us here are 50+ LOL

Thank you Bill for heading me over here Very Happy

I look forward to meeting ya'll at the swaps and if I can be of help please ask Very Happy I got 2 good hands and reasonable back and a big heart Very Happy

Welcome Betty Welcome
SlipperyHillFarm
SlipperyHillFarm

http://quackhead1975.wix.com/slipperyhillfarm

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Daddy Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Good to meet ya Betty, I like the Buckeyes too. I hope to raise some from Bill's line someday. Look forward to get'n to know ya better.
Fat Daddy
Fat Daddy

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoney Creek Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:21 pm

You made it! Welcome!
Stoney Creek
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  brandkelz Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:16 pm

just wanted to say hi and welcome to all the new flockers. this is excellent and cant wait to take off in full swing...
brandkelz
brandkelz

Back to top Go down

Post  mochicken Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:54 am

Welcome aboard all, glad to see the forum taking shape already

FD Bill, I got some of Bill's birds here, say the word and eggs will come your way sir
mochicken
mochicken

Back to top Go down

Oh...hi there Empty Fat Daddy

Post  Betty64 Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:20 am

I have some of Bill's birds as well Smile I love them to death Smile I started hatching from his line in January if I caan be of any help just let me know Smile

Betty64

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Daddy Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:41 am

Betty64 wrote:I have some of Bill's birds as well Smile I love them to death Smile I started hatching from his line in January if I caan be of any help just let me know Smile

I thank you and Geoff both! I'v got some coop/pen build'n to do before I add another species to the farm. I am easily tempted to do it the other way around but it would'nt do the birds justice... I had hoped my bride would choose Buckeyes as her "bird of choice" but that was not the case... By fall I should have the third set-up done and be able to swap BCM or Lavender Orpington eggs for some Fine Francis Buckeyes!
Fat Daddy
Fat Daddy

Back to top Go down

Post  mochicken Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:06 pm

My buckeyes are doing well, I do have one pullet that I think is not up to standard so she is going to the mutt pen, that'll leave me with 4 good hens and an awesome looking rooster that are in my breeding program. I have a black silkie rooster horny as a teenage boy at prom maybe I will put him on that buckeye hen to see what kind of ugly monsters I can create lol
mochicken
mochicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum