Off grid!?!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Off grid!?!?

Post  RoosterLew on Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:25 am

Wasn't sure where to put this.
I have been looking into the whole "off grid" thing...and Honestly, I don't get it.
OK, I have read stories and talked to people who have built houses/cabins, etc where they would have to spend big bucks having lines run in, so instead they make their own juice...so I get that! But I know of people who want to unhook.....WHY?

Basically, to be able to sustain electrically you have to "over produce". None of the methods of production are consistent enough to use it as you make it. like all other natural resources you have to gather when it is available and store until you need it. You inevitably gather more than you need and WASTE the left over....Unless you Grid tie and sell back your excess!

So I cannot for the life of me understand why you would unhook a source of income?
RoosterLew

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Off grid!?!?

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:44 pm

Well, if you were ever in the military and being followed cause you were the best of the best.......you would understand better......there are a whole group of people that don't want to be on anyone's list.......Other than that.....dependency will be the downfall of society..........

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:04 pm

I would rather work for me not some rich Dude that doesnt pay his taxes .

off grid off the food line and off the need of others i like being able to eat what i grow and know whats in it i like to have water rights as well as the right to the Pursuit of Happyness ,

Check your constitution and see what rights you want to keep ,

i dont like that they charge me for water with more flauride then is safe for the human body and then add the bleach cleaner or ?

here in my town they use stuff thats been outlawed in 7 countrys a dip in the creak making my own soap hand washing and eating what i want chemical free,

My dad died from Viet Nam in 2002 i was born with the chemical cancer agent orange gave us . So i dont need monsantos or Dole Messing with me like your GMOS ? my great niece had vasculitis right after school started due to the GMOs in the lunches . SO yeah I wanna be doing it all on my own ,  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  RoosterLew on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:03 am

Well....I was in the Military? Not sure what that has to do with being off grid?
And There's a big difference from sustainable living and off grid.
My phone tells me, at the appropriate time of day, how far I am from work, yet I never told it where or when I live or work? So getting off the power grid (which is what I was talking about ) won't stop the big brother govt problems.
I am definitely all for a more sustainable lifestyle! I hate over paying for necessities!
RoosterLew

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:32 pm

Sorry you ment just off the electrical power I was talking about being total independent

Thank you for your Service , being and staying away from chemicals in my food , water and raising my own food

so far im there with help from local organic farmers .

bills i pay water because we have a toilet and electric of course taxes

but its Not easy .
id like to be completely off like we where in alaska at the lodge and cabins was great but we did back then by and trust the food we bought . now ya cant trust that so sorry .

solar ya have to be careful of if you get the wrong hook up your still attached to the power companys grid and if they go down you too are down, hydrolics threw a water way could work too,

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:03 pm

I took it wrong too! Sorry RoosterLew....................

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoney Creek on Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:19 pm

Here in Oklahoma, they just passed a law where if you have solar and stayed tied into the grid you HAVE to pay the electric company to "process" your extra power back to their net.

Yep, you read it right, they do not pay you for excess, you have to pay them.

Basically, what it amounts to is them penalizing a person for being more self sufficient and not buying their power. Big Corps are starting to lose money, so they are making up the difference in their net losses.

We're not off grid power...yet...but it will come. I would much rather waste power though than pay them anything.

In Florida, a Woman's house built in the 90's was condemned from occupancy. It was not because it was in disrepair. It was not because she nasty, unsanitary or anything like that. It was condemned because she was off grid. Well water that had been professionally tested as good. Professionally installed, inspected and permitted septic and solar! When she refused to have water, sewer, power hooked up...because of a revenue loss, the country condemned the property.

People go off grid for a plethora of reasons...but it does normally go back to the idea or mind set of being independent or self reliant (of the "System")
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:37 pm

Well said Bill!  sunny 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:06 pm

OK How Many Bills do we have here ? I know of 4 now
not sure of any more LOL  Suspect 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 pm

I think there are only 3.......Stoney Creek, Fat Daddy and can't remember how to spell the other name......the one that had the old man with the cane on 'U' You know the one that picks on us! ha ha ha   Are there 4?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:14 pm

there is a Billy too . i thought trying to keep up with them all there so Rotten Miss Old man bill he just ignores me now Pouts

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoney Creek on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:42 pm

Here is the link to the Oklahoma law...and adding a link to news article I was reading this evening. 'Merica, land of monopolies and taxed.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/04/16/3427392/oklahoma-fee-solar-wind/

http://action.dontkillsolar.com/page/speakout/keep-solar-fair-utah
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top