Feathers and fur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm back but carrying my Rock in case I need a hiding place

+3
mochicken
Fat Daddy
kanzabirdman
7 posters

Go down

I'm back but carrying my Rock in case I need a hiding place Empty I'm back but carrying my Rock in case I need a hiding place

Post  kanzabirdman Fri May 30, 2014 3:16 pm

Hello all
I'm back, since a select few of you know that I'm no longer on fb due in part to the humane Society I think they had to doings with my account being disabled. Anyhow nuff bout my drama!
Have you been outside?! Phew heat wave! Getting up at 2am working til 330pm allows me to acclimate to the heat but also wears me out. I got up at 2oclock today LOL went to bed at a decent hour too.
I hope to meet new people and make new friends too. I just emptied out the bator with 14 Turkey poults & lost 2. The older ones are quite fast already!
Nick

kanzabirdman

Back to top Go down

I'm back but carrying my Rock in case I need a hiding place Empty Re: I'm back but carrying my Rock in case I need a hiding place

Post  Guest Fri May 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Welcome Nick
Im totally new here Miss the Flock u and glad to learn what we can from each other
what kinda Poults ?

I love turkeys but had an issue with MG and afraid to get anything i have to let loose in my yard still using the bleach on it ever see white grass ?

Back to top Go down

I'm back but carrying my Rock in case I need a hiding place Empty Re: I'm back but carrying my Rock in case I need a hiding place

Post  Guest Fri May 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Welcome Nick! Come join us....we don't bite! Not too hard anyway..........ha ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Daddy Fri May 30, 2014 6:20 pm

Hey Nick, you gonna do the swap meet deal again this year?
Fat Daddy
Fat Daddy

Back to top Go down

Post  mochicken Fri May 30, 2014 8:50 pm

Hey Nick welcome aboard
mochicken
mochicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoney Creek Fri May 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Nick glad to see your here! I went to ask you about your poults on fb...and saw it was gone. Asked around and was told you closed your account. 14 poults huh? Awesome! Well glad you're here!
Stoney Creek
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Peacerose Sat May 31, 2014 12:14 am

Hi, Nick! I'm raising some turkeys this year, too. 14 eggs go on lockdown June 2.  Very Happy  Show us some pictures of your poults!
Peacerose
Peacerose

Back to top Go down

Post  SlipperyHillFarm Sat May 31, 2014 6:51 am

Glad your back Nick.
Now I have a pigeon buddy :-)
SlipperyHillFarm
SlipperyHillFarm

http://quackhead1975.wix.com/slipperyhillfarm

Back to top Go down

Post  kanzabirdman Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:46 pm

It is so nice to feel welcomed!!!!!!!! :-D

I'm a bit bitter, still, I recreated a new fb account that lasted 4 days! Its been disabled again as of today. People piss me off! Pardon my french but I feel like I need to fill everyone in a bit that don't know what hell I've been thru. In short, I have PETA bible thumping Neighbors and live next to a corrupt Humane Society that snatches pot belly pigs & LGDs. My animals wandered over to their place one day and they captured them knowing whose animals they were. Both dogs were tagged! Refused to call me notifying they had them or honestly answering my phone calls lying and saying they hadn't seen them!! After learning they had them the entire time, after much effort on my part to be civil, I contacted an attorney & she then made a courtesy phone call on my behalf. The director of the organization was "offended & beligerant" couldn't believe I had stooped to that level. I said seriously? You stole my animals! And wasn't willing to return my property! The attorney arranged to have the pig be given back to me after 3 days of bickering on the phone with him. Our leverage finally was a statue stating they had no livestock permit to house such animals. He quickly returned the pig, but gave no such reason as to why we couldn't get our two livestock guardian dogs back!! And now my facebook's keep disappearing! How ironic huh? Some reasons are personal background but its none of their damn business I was a teenager who made a bad judgment!I dud my time in juvie & they need to accept it and STFU! Smile

I feel better!! We hatched 14 wild poult, lost 10 Sad boogars aren't the easiest! I'm sad but what do you do? Half drowned in the waterer in the first 3 days, couple got chilled I think.

Yes! Swap meet is still on just to pissed off the Neighbors!!! We have barn kittens that need a good home! Pure bred farm cats!

kanzabirdman

Back to top Go down

Post  SlipperyHillFarm Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:41 pm

Nick
Shit will work out.
Stay strong
SlipperyHillFarm
SlipperyHillFarm

http://quackhead1975.wix.com/slipperyhillfarm

Back to top Go down

Post  kanzabirdman Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Things are really looking up around here. With the new Cria Llama on "display" in front yard along the hwy we've had numerous visitors & Neighbors call commenting on how cute she is & they like what we're doing with the place. Right now it looks like a hay pasture with a house & barn in the middle. Lol My goal was to let the grass go to seed & get more hoofstock, eventually. Pigeons hatching out weekly. I'm impatient when it comes to seeing what color they'll be. I don't have the patients for chickens at all I just temporarily forget about them. We did take in a friends dog. I feel good about the decision but I don't think she will make a good poultry dog. She's awfully bouncy & hyper. She's chained out for now. Hope all is well on your farm!
Nick

kanzabirdman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:23 pm

[quote="kanzabirdman"]It is so nice to feel welcomed!!!!!!!! :-D

I'm a bit bitter, still, I recreated a new fb account that lasted 4 days! Its been disabled again as of today. People piss me off! Pardon my french but I feel like I need to fill everyone in a bit that don't know what hell I've been thru. In short, I have PETA bible thumping Neighbors and live next to a corrupt Humane Society that snatches pot belly pigs & LGDs. My animals wandered over to their place one day and they captured them knowing whose animals they were. Both dogs were tagged! Refused to call me notifying they had them or honestly answering my phone calls lying and saying they hadn't seen them!! After learning they had them the entire time, after much effort on my part to be civil, I contacted an attorney & she then made a courtesy phone call on my behalf. The director of the organization was "offended & beligerant" couldn't believe I had stooped to that level. I said seriously? You stole my animals! And wasn't willing to return my property! The attorney arranged to have the pig be given back to me after 3 days of bickering on the phone with him. Our leverage finally was a statue stating they had no livestock permit to house such animals. He quickly returned the pig, but gave no such reason as to why we couldn't get our two livestock guardian dogs back!! And now my facebook's keep disappearing! How ironic huh? Some reasons are personal background but its none of their damn business I was a teenager who made a bad judgment!I dud my time in juvie & they need to accept it and STFU! Smile

I feel better!! We hatched 14 wild poult, lost 10 :(boogars aren't the easiest! I'm sad but what do you do? Half drowned in the waterer in the first 3 days, couple got chilled I think.

Yes! Swap meet is still on just to pissed off the Neighbors!!! We have barn kittens that need a good home! Pure bred farm cats!

[/quote

Nick post me some Photos of your Pure bred Barn cats . I may know someone in your area as she just got 10 acres and its loaded with Rats she lives in branton Mo i think thats close to you . i told her to be picky what she gets as many shelters have cats with fip/flev and feline aids . Not that i am against shelters i am against spreading disease and she wants barn cats so they can catch the rodents
if she is close this would be perfect she is from Montana

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikeksfarmer Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Welcome back Nick. If it helps I set up a turkey vulture feeding station next to one of my neighbors. Just pick up a few road kills and put em down wind the vultures find them sooner or later. Good luck with your new adventures

Mikeksfarmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:12 pm

Hey Why not tell me Black Bears like Humming bird Feeders ?
I mean really right next to my window dog threw a fit was kinda fun to watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikeksfarmer Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:24 am

Saw on North woods law a black bear ate a humming bird feeder its sweet juice filled treat. they also love bird feed

Mikeksfarmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikeksfarmer Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:28 am

saw some city slicker at the feed store with a bunch of baby ducks turkeys and geese any way the city was making him get rid of things. He showed me pics of his birds man he has a lot. Told him about Nicks swap meets and this site maybe he will find a resource when the city comes down on him to get rid of everything.

Mikeksfarmer

Back to top Go down

Post  kanzabirdman Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:38 pm

Turkey Vulture feeding station.... I love that idea! Too bad we only have a car tho lol NOT that I didn't haul dead game this winter from trapping season but that's when it was cold out.

The swap meet is about to end. With Cassie about to pop any day, and the nursery not complete I have not had time to do the advertise the swap and there hasn't been much participation. So I guess we'll see.

In other news I'm raising Kelso game chicks, raised 35 barnyard mutts for the freezer camp & restore my hens for eggs. Although not pure (except my califorina white leghorns) I managed to hatch out 3/4 ratio pullets.

kanzabirdman

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikeksfarmer Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:45 pm

I got some mutts too I sent some eggs to a grade school and they hatched some. There are a couple of BCMs but mostly mutts. I feed three of them to predators Saturday so they wont be free ranging again for a while. I was lucky the three I lost were all roos. So only two roos in a dozen left.

Mikeksfarmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum