Feathers and fur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Central Mississippi

3 posters

Go down

South Central Mississippi Empty South Central Mississippi

Post  Galey Wed May 28, 2014 3:06 pm

Gale y from Hattiesburg, Ms. New with birds or any feather, but learning a ton from FU and now F&F site and all you "partners".

I have a partner with 30 years chicken grower houses, but not any more (houses that is). We have sort of backed into quails (cots) and probably are seriously hooked!
We currently have a 450' ex-chicken house becoming a quail home. 1200 in cages and more on the ground, with cage homes in the near future.
New brooder home in the planning stages, while momma is screaming about her wash room full of biddies and 4 bator's humming. 3 Great Pyrenees love
seeing various 4 legged varmints try their best, but 2 champion fox hounds are the alarm system and all this works well! So there is lots of full cooperation
around the barn at this time, and everyone is happy.

We have egg interest, but what to do with all that meat!!! We're trying to develop a solution to using the meat for some profit w/o becoming a processor,
hopefully. Suggestions? 'Been looking for some American Pharaoh's if they are out there. Don't know if JMF has any right now. What are Georgia Giants?

Galey

Back to top Go down

South Central Mississippi Empty Re: South Central Mississippi

Post  Admin Wed May 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Welcome aboard Gale, sounds like you have a great thing developing and we look forward to your posts, hopefully others here that have had luck selling meat or producing for meat can chime in and help you get a plan for the meat. Around my house I eat the meat but I dont have that many birds on the ground lol, I'd be even fatter than I am lol

Admin
Admin

https://midwestf2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Daddy Wed May 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Gale, Georgia giants are bob whites, Mid size version. Northern bobs smallest, Butler bobs biggest. All bobs under the hood. Just like the different size s and colors of coturnix, all the same once you pull the feathers off.
Fat Daddy
Fat Daddy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down