Feathers and fur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some History please

+2
SlipperyHillFarm
Galey
6 posters

Go down

Some History please Empty Some History please

Post  Galey Wed May 28, 2014 9:34 am

Please tie this site (Feathers & Fur) with Flock U and how the connection has come about, if so.  Is F&F a new site or has it been around for a while.  Is this
(F&F) the new FU?  From the post, dates indicate that F&F has been around for a while.  With the loss of FU how successful do you think saving some of FU's  
information to F&F can be.  

I feel that I am jumping into an existing forum and as I look around, and the dust settles, can't identify confused  what I think I see.

Thanks,
Gale
 confused

Galey

Back to top Go down

Some History please Empty Re: Some History please

Post  SlipperyHillFarm Wed May 28, 2014 9:41 am

Galey wrote:Please tie this site (Feathers & Fur) with Flock U and how the connection has come about, if so.  Is F&F a new site or has it been around for a while.  Is this
(F&F) the new FU?  From the post, dates indicate that F&F has been around for a while.  With the loss of FU how successful do you think saving some of FU's  

I feel that I am jumping into an existing forum and as I look around, and the dust settles, can't identify confused  what I think I see.

Thanks,
Gale
 confused

Both of these groups started few years back with about 7 of us. I started a group called Flock You. that site lasted about a year. we gained over 100 folks in a very short time. Now we are all mostly from a land of Rainbows and unicorns, a site that shall remain un named. anyhow, Flock you got corrupted and fell apart then came the U. some still liked the old days and this place rose up .
that is the short and sweet story....lol
SlipperyHillFarm
SlipperyHillFarm

http://quackhead1975.wix.com/slipperyhillfarm

Back to top Go down

Some History please Empty Reply to Slipperly HIll

Post  Galey Wed May 28, 2014 9:55 am

I am new today here. I am also new to Quail and birds, but have a veteran partner with chicken houses. We had been on Flock University for several weeks when
it seems that the site was lost yesterday due to weather I think. I was directed to F&F and trying to get my new bearings. So much great education was on FU, so
at this startup juncture for us, it was very valuable. Obviously we hope much of that information could get to F&F site. I'm trying to get a feel for how much connection
the two sites may share.

Thanks for your post and help.

Galey

Back to top Go down

Post  SlipperyHillFarm Wed May 28, 2014 10:07 am

Well I will let Stoney and FD answer. They are the go to quail guys.
I do know this we were in the process of dragging info over from the original site Flock You, when it some how got deleted. There was a ton of info on there, many countless hours of posting .
SlipperyHillFarm
SlipperyHillFarm

http://quackhead1975.wix.com/slipperyhillfarm

Back to top Go down

Post  mochicken Wed May 28, 2014 12:31 pm

This site was started as a 4 state regional forum for some folks from FU to make deals and talk face to face with others in our region. When FU crashed I was asked by several members to open it up to have a place for old flockers and new alike to roost, a neutral place where we can carry on business as usual even though thousands and thousands of great informational posts were lost in the crash. We may not be able to recover what we lost but we can make a good start, no point in calling it quits because of a hickup.

Welcome folks from Flock U and new folks, we are still getting things situated but feel free to read and post
mochicken
mochicken

Back to top Go down

Post  mochicken Wed May 28, 2014 12:32 pm

As for the connection to the two sites, what you will see here are the same great folks and the same informational posts, we are going to continue the great forum with low drama lol
mochicken
mochicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoney Creek Wed May 28, 2014 2:30 pm

Galey wrote:Please tie this site (Feathers & Fur) with Flock U and how the connection has come about, if so.  Is F&F a new site or has it been around for a while.  Is this

Thanks,
Gale
 confused

Gale you are jumping into an existing forum. This one has been around awhile. With the hick-up of the U going down, we have opened a previously 4 state only regional forum to everyone and offered a place for the University members to come and hang their hats, since there were already a lot of U people here. Tied together...not really, this is a new place. Lots of the same folks and good info though. Hoping to keep the momentum and dynamic the U had alive and continue to grow.

How did you happen to hear of this forum? We are trying to get the word out so informal pole on what is working and what isn't.
Stoney Creek
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Galey Wed May 28, 2014 2:44 pm

I called Tammy as I had her email address. I was trying to find out what happened to FU. She and I talked and she explained what happened more or less. She had FD
(Bill) email me and direct to this site. I do think the site is looking good, much the same as FU. It took me a bit to get lined up here, but all is working fine now.

Galey

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Hey Gale Clad you Made it . I didnt really know what was going on when we spoke . SO YIPPY

Have you gotten ahold of Robby ?
i tried to tell him about this site so maybe someone here can put in a GET AHOLD OF GALE CALL

PS pics of those new birds ya got too . i may wanna buy some hatching eggs but i have to tell ya i only by from Tested places and one main test is MG . MS they have to clear or be clean i will not go threw that again ,

Other then that how is your Search for the American going ? maybe someone here will also have them

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 28, 2014 2:57 pm

Glad you got your login problems fixed Gale, welcome aboard

Admin
Admin

https://midwestf2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Daddy Wed May 28, 2014 5:16 pm

Just to be clear. The "U" was lost. Most of it is gone and cant be retrieved... Tammy saved some topics but its a huge task to copy and save it, then put it in a format that can be accessed... there is always alot of chatter in a thread that just clutter things up but also what makes a forum fun! I and alot of others feel a huge sense of "loss" when you think of the content. Ask the questions that spark the answers, and before ya know it there is a truckload of content here. Take pix, Put up videos of "how to's" Ask for these when you dont know how. post what you do. Post what you wanna do, how you do it. What you've built. What has worked great and what utterly fails. This is how we build a new site... Last time this happened, A friend and I were talking about what a shame it was and we felt a little lost. She very correctly told me "lighting would not strike twice"... She was dead on right. But Flock University became home to a staggering amount of information you could find no where else.... This place has a head start. Its a simple recipe. Put some folks with a little knowledge and a willingness to talk together. Add a few friends with common interest. Stir in a few jokes, a pinch of bullshit, and a hand full of "What if we..." BAM! You got a site that is a blast and chuck full of the kinda info you just cant get anywhere else....
Fat Daddy
Fat Daddy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 28, 2014 5:30 pm

Bill I found so much of Flock U
Looking threw page after page trying to get the important stuff is like pulling teeth problem i am haveing is getting to the second and third page ,.
Still working on it and have some friends helping . i still cant post links but anyone willing to help we have 2 weeks to get what we can and sorry about the rest , I am coping and Pasting to emails and sending them to bill and myself for Back up.

my email if interested in help is sheltieslave yahoo com since i am not allowed to post links or my email i thought i know a few tricks LOL .

Tammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoney Creek Wed May 28, 2014 5:45 pm

Fat Daddy wrote:Just to be clear. The "U" was lost. Most of it is gone and cant be retrieved... Tammy saved some topics but its a huge task to copy and save it, then put it in a format that can be accessed... there is always alot of chatter in a thread that just clutter things up but also what makes a forum fun! I and alot of others feel a huge sense of "loss" when you think of the content. Ask the questions that spark the answers, and before ya know it there is a truckload of content here. Take pix, Put up videos of "how to's" Ask for these when you dont know how. post what you do. Post what you wanna do, how you do it. What you've built. What has worked great and what utterly fails. This is how we build a new site... Last time this happened, A friend and I were talking about what a shame it was and we felt a little lost. She very correctly told me "lighting would not strike twice"... She was dead on right. But Flock University became home to a staggering amount of information you could find no where else.... This place has a head start. Its a simple recipe. Put some folks with a little knowledge and a willingness to talk together. Add a few friends with common interest. Stir in a few jokes, a pinch of bullshit, and a hand full of "What if we..."   BAM! You got a site that is a blast and chuck full of the kinda info you just cant get anywhere else....

Two thumbs up! Well said!
Stoney Creek
Stoney Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum